[arch-general] PKGBUILD - clamav 0.103.4 - source .tar.gz downloads fine, .tar.gz.sig is 403? (same with Arch package)

Andreas Bosch admin at progandy.de
Sat Nov 20 08:54:28 UTC 2021

Hello,

>   I asked about this problem on the clamav IRC (well the discord thing that
> replaced IRC), and they don't seem to know anything about the redirect issue.

For some reason clamav blocks the curl user agent for .sig files ...
This could be worked around by using a custom user agent for curl like

    curl -A makepkg -L "https://www.clamav.net/downloads/production/clamav-0.103.4.tar.gz.sig"

The curl commands in makepkg.conf are not doing that, maybe that should be changed.

>   Is there any standard "short-url" conversion magic that can be used when
> this sort of thing crops up? At least from my network, I can't even use the
> current Arch clamav source to build due to this problem.

Something like this works at least in this case:

    curl -so /dev/null --max-filesize 1 -H "Range: bytes=0-0" -A makepkg -L "https://www.clamav.net/downloads/production/clamav-0.103.2.tar.gz.sig" -w %{url_effective}

--
Andreas Bosch