[arch-general] PKGBUILD - clamav 0.103.4 - source .tar.gz downloads fine, .tar.gz.sig is 403? (same with Arch package)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 21:46:13 UTC 2021

On 11/20/21 2:54 AM, Andreas Bosch via arch-general wrote:
> For some reason clamav blocks the curl user agent for .sig files ...
> This could be worked around by using a custom user agent for curl like
>
>     curl -A makepkg -L "https://www.clamav.net/downloads/production/clamav-0.103.4.tar.gz.sig"
>
> The curl commands in makepkg.conf are not doing that, maybe that should be changed.

Thanks Andreas & Ralf,

  After Ralf pointed me to the redirect that was occurring and failing, I let
the clamav folks know and apparently there are a few things they are looking
into as to why their source is being treated differently from their sig from
the cloud provider.

  I suspect this type of issue isn't uncommon in the "it's hosted in someone
else's cloud" days we live in. Instead of only having one site involved, there
may be many with the referral from the first (or URL magic from some
provider's DNS entry) in the middle.

  I'll work through the different curl options and see what works here.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.