[arch-general] archlinux-java script in java-common package

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 12:48:20 UTC 2021

Op do 30 sep. 2021 07:06 schreef 山田ハヤオ via arch-general <
arch-general at lists.archlinux.org>:

> The archlinux-java script in the java-common package has a lot of code that
> is inappropriate as a Bash script. (ShellCheck prints a lot of errors.)

You should probably contact the package maintainer about that. There is no
guarantee that they read this ML.

And even then: the scripts *may* come from upstream...

I have created a patch that fixes these errors with minimal changes.
> I put the patch on GitHub Gists because it collapses for some reason when I
> send the patch by email.

I guess you could try the bugtracker.

I applaud the incentive, but i think this not the right place.

Mvg, Guus Snijders