[arch-general] not able to execute commands on tty

Frank frank.zimmermann.berlin at freenet.de
Mon Apr 25 15:57:15 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm having an issue with tty. When loogin on I get the following error
messages:
-bash: /etc/profile: Permission denied
-bash: PATH: Command not found

This is my bashrc:

#
# ~/.bashrc
#

# If not running interactively, don't do anything
[[ $- != *i* ]] && return

#fix VTE issue for tilix
if [ $TILIX_ID ] || [ $VTE_VERSION ]; then
        source /etc/profile.d/vte.sh
fi

alias ls='ls --color=auto'
alias ll='ls -l'
alias la='ls -a'
alias diff='diff --color=auto'
alias grep='grep --color=auto'
alias mpv='mpv --vo=gpu'

#command not found
#source /usr/share/doc/find-the-command/ftc.bash

powerline-daemon -q
POWERLINE_BASH_CONTINUATION=1
POWERLINE_BASH_SELECT=1
. /usr/share/powerline/bindings/bash/powerline.sh

and here's my .profile:
#set vim as default editor
export EDITOR=vim

#prevent logging identical commands and commands starting with a space
export HISTCONTROL=ignoreboth
#append to history on exit
shopt -s histappend
#store multiline commands in one entry
shopt -s cmdhist
#line wrap on windowresize
shopt -s checkwinsize

##tell apps to use Wayland
#Firefox
export MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND=1

#prevent accessibility tools
export NO_AT_BRIDGE=1

#add Perl and Perl modules to file path
export PATH="$(PATH):/usr/bin/core_perl/"
export PATH="$(PATH):/usr/bin/vendor_perl/"
export PATH="$(PATH):/usr/bin/site_perl/"

[[ -f ~/.bashrc ]] && . ~/.bashrc

I'm not able to execute any commands, getting the command not found,
and have no idea what wnet wrong here.

All is fine when on wayland using a treminal emulator.
THX Frank