[arch-general] not able to execute commands on tty

Dave Howorth arch at howorth.org.uk
Mon Apr 25 19:25:51 UTC 2022

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:57:15 +0200
Frank via arch-general <arch-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

[snip]

> #add Perl and Perl modules to file path
> export PATH="$(PATH):/usr/bin/core_perl/"
> export PATH="$(PATH):/usr/bin/vendor_perl/"
> export PATH="$(PATH):/usr/bin/site_perl/"

Others have pointed out the syntactic problem here, but I would like to
ask about the semantics. I would expect the exact opposite ordering.

There doesn't seem any point in specifiying core to override vendor,
which overrides site. In what circumstances is that useful?

I can understand the other way around where the vendor provides
something better than standard perl, or you yourself have installed or
written something better than either.