[arch-general] not able to execute commands on tty

Tinu Weber takeya at bluewin.ch
Mon Apr 25 19:32:00 UTC 2022

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 20:43:05 +0200, Frank via arch-general wrote:
> However, I still have the issue that I cannot execute any command.
> Is this to do with the following mesasge ?
> -bash: /etc/profile: Permission denied

This looks more like it's trying to execute /etc/profile rather than
source it.

But I don't see anything in your ~/.bashrc or ~/.profile that would
cause that (unless any of the sourced files would do that, i.e.
/etc/profile.d/vte.sh and
/usr/share/powerline/bindings/bash/powerline.sh).

Regards,
Tinu