[arch-general] Donation options

Frédéric Tobias Christ fc at ntr.li
Fri Feb 11 09:28:28 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I want to donate to Arch Linux. However, the existing options both take
high fees (SPI: Transaction fees via PayPal, Click&Pledge: 2.75%
platform + 2,5 % credit card fee ) and I don't want to finance PayPal.
What about adding Liberapay [1] <https://liberapay.com/> as a non-profit
donations platform? They don't take any monthly fees
<https://liberapay.com/about/faq#how-funded> [2], just pass on the
payment process fees. For instance, Europeans can use SEPA transactions
(without any fees).

What do you think about it?

PS: I also posted this [3] in the forum, but noticed shortly after that
another thread about donation remains unnoticed by the people in charge.

[1] https://liberapay.com/
[2] https://liberapay.com/about/faq#how-funded
[3] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=2021543#p2021543

--