[arch-general] Including compiled C.UTF-8 locale by default in glibc package? Inbox

Marius Kittler mkittler at suse.de
Wed Feb 16 12:27:06 UTC 2022

TLDR: Sounds like this makes it harder to mess up the locale setup so I'm all
for it.

This mail just reminded me that one of my own projects didn't handle a messed
locale setup gracefully in the past causing multiple users (that apparently
had a messed setup) to report issues, e.g. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/
syncthingtray#comment-816671 and https://github.com/Martchus/syncthingtray/
issues/109. And when I searched for the error to investigate the issue I found
many results. If it helps preventing applications from crashing completely
with errors like "locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid" it is
likely worth including.