[arch-general] Why is README stripped from gawk package?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 13:17:20 UTC 2022

All,

  Just a question of why the README is stripped from the gawk package. It
seems that should be placed in /usr/share/doc/gawk, but that directory doesn't
even exist. It holds the developer information and instead of having that
information as part of the package, I ended up stumbling around gnu.org to
find it (which sent me to the savannah.git... source for it)

  Seems like a basic README should be in ../doc/pkgname for all packages.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.