[arch-general] User-Submitted Package Updates (how it could possibly work)

George Rawlinson grawlinson at archlinux.org
Tue Jan 18 01:40:38 UTC 2022

On 22-01-17 15:07, Vasi Vilvoiu via arch-general wrote:
> What is the planned timeline for this migration? IMHO it would do a great
> deal of good to the community to (a) communicate these plans clearly and (b)
> communicate where help is needed and how the community can pitch in.

I'm going to be blunt here; there is no timeline. Arch is a volunteer
effort.

It's a significant effort that requires a *lot* of changes/testing to
our internal tooling/infrastructure. The people actually responsible for
it will probably chime in at some point, but don't expect them to. :p

--
George Rawlinson