[arch-general] [SOLVED] Can't mount vfat filesystem

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Jan 22 13:09:36 UTC 2022

After a further reboot FAT filesystems can now be mounted, which is strange. I
found a side note about that somewhere. I did reboot after installing the new
kernel.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

Jan 22 2022, David Rosenstrauch via arch-general has written:

> On 1/22/22 5:30 AM, Jeanette C. via arch-general wrote:
>>  Hey hey,
>>  I just updated my system yesterday and now I can't mount a VFAT
>>  filesystem.
>>
>>  Installed packages:
>>  linux 5.16.2.arch1-1
>>  util-linux 2.37.2-5
>>
>>  There is no mount.vfat or mount.fat program/script and apparently no
>>  kernel
>>  module installed that contains "fat" in its name.
>>
>>  Is there a change in the way to mount such filesystems?
>>
>>  Best wishes and thanks for any hints,
>>
>>  Jeanette
>
> Maybe try installing dosfstools?
>
> DR

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Baby, there's something about you
Show me, that nothing can hold you down <3
(Britney Spears)