[arch-general] ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 11 mic not working

Sadeep Madurange sadeep at asciimx.com
Tue Jul 5 02:25:14 UTC 2022

I tried installing pipewire but capture is still not working. So, I uninstalled pipewire again. Also, I removed the audiofix.conf from /etc/modprobe.d/. After deleting the file my LED lights for speaker and mic mute/unmute are working now. However, capture is still not working. After deleting the audiofix file, the output of arecord -l has changed to the following.

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sofhdadsp [sof-hda-dsp], device 0: HDA Analog (*) []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: sofhdadsp [sof-hda-dsp], device 6: DMIC (*) []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: sofhdadsp [sof-hda-dsp], device 7: DMIC16kHz (*) []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I need to install sof-firmare though. Without that, even the speakers don't work and no device get listed in the above output.