[arch-general] ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 11 mic not working

Sadeep Madurange sadeep at asciimx.com
Tue Jul 5 05:19:36 UTC 2022

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I tried installing pipewire as well as pulseaudio but none of them worked with default settings. I think the issue with ALSA. At this point I have reverted all the changes I made back to just plain alsa with sof-firmware. Looking at alsamixer, I have multiple mics under the Capture tab. My alsa card is sof-hda-dsp. The chip is Realtek ALC287. I have following items in capture tab:

1. Mic Boost (I have set it to max)
2. Capture (maxed and toggled to on)
3. Dmic0 Front (muted and toggled off)
4. Dmic0 Rear (muted and toggled off)
5. Dmic1 2nd Front (muted and can't toggle)
6. Dmic1 2nd Rear (muted and can't toggle)
7. PGA2.0 2 Master (muted and can't toggle)

I tried increasing the volume of all of them to max as well as toggling them to ON but none of them worked. If I increase the volume of PGA2.0 2 Master I can here a constant cracking sound but nothing is recorded with `arecord --duration=5 --format=dat test-mic.wav`. Any help is much appreciated!