[arch-general] Status of llvm / clang

Spencer Collyer spencer at spencercollyer.plus.com
Thu May 5 14:26:40 UTC 2022

Hope this is the right mailing list to send this too. If not, apologies and please direct me to the right one.

I'm wondering when the llvm and clang packages are going to be updated. Version 14 of both have been out since late March but doing a package search for them still shows version 13.

I did see a thread that said compilers sometimes take longer to be updated because they need testing to make sure they don't break any existing packages that use them, but it also said they normally got put into Testing to do that and I don't see llvm or clang in the Testing area.

Not really a biggie, but there are some things in Clang14 that I'd like to start using and I'd prefer to use official Arch packages than building my own version.

Thanks for your attention,

Regards,

Spencer