[arch-general] QEMU Networking

2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com 2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com
Fri Sep 2 14:01:15 UTC 2022

On 2022-09-02 at 09:41:21 -0400,
Dan Sommers via arch-general <arch-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> I think my question is: now that I have a new laptop and a slightly
> different networking setup, how do I get QEMU to work with
> systemd-resolved, but if I had all the answers, then I wouldn't be
> asking for help.  :-)

[...]

>     [Then I found <https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=253005>.]
>
>     $ drill archlinux.org
>     Error: error sending query: No (valid) nameservers defined in the resolver
>
>     $ cat /etc/resolv.conf
>     # Resolver configuration file.
>     # See resolv.conf(5) for details.
>
> What am I missing?  Do I care that drill doesn't work on my host?

FYI:  QEMU is just like drill:  it doesn't work with systemd-resolved's
default resolv.conf.  When I added a nameserver line to resolv.conf, my
virual machines gained internet access.

Sorry for the noise; perhaps this post will show up in a search engine
and be useful to someone in the future.

--
I can eat glass, it does not hurt me.
Dan Sommers, http://www.tombstonezero.net/dan