[arch-general] Openbox screen locker

paulf at quillandmouse.com paulf at quillandmouse.com
Sun Sep 4 12:32:08 UTC 2022

Folks:

Was running i3wm, just installed Openbox. As with i3, after a certain
period of time, the screen goes black. So far so good. However, when I
move the mouse or hit a key, now I get some sort of xfce screen locker.
It has a banner at the top with my system name, the date, and a lock
symbol in the far right corner. In the center middle is XFCE's mouse
icon. And it insists I enter my password. I don't like or want this
program running, but I don't know what's spawning it. There is nothing
which calls an XFCE program in my Openbox config files, or the global
ones in /etc. According to htop, this program is apparently a child of
systemd --user. This isn't helpful.

Can anyone provide assistance in finding and fixing what's calling this
program?

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster