[arch-mirrors] New official mirror in Germany?

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Thu Dec 16 10:17:32 EST 2010

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 14:27:52 +0100, Alexander Wirt
<formorer at formorer.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the admin of mirror.netcologne.de and one of my users asked me to provide
> a mirror of archlinux. Are you interested in a mirror with 1Gbit ipv4 and
> 1gbit ipv6 (native)? If yes I ask for permission to sync from
> rsync.archlinux.org.

Thanks for your offer. Unfortunately our bandwidth of the main server
is very limited. Therefore we have set up a multi tier model with a few
tier 1 mirror from which others can sync. See
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:NewMirrors for more
details.

ATM I am not sure if another tier1 mirror in Germany is needed, but
should be easy to change later if wanted.

Greetings from Bonn,

Pierre