[arch-mirrors] Applying for inclusion in official mirror list

CheerXiao xiaqqaix at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 23:11:31 EST 2011

Sorry for the delayed reply. (I've been having exams...)

2011/10/31 Jakob Wadsager <jakobw at archlinux.org>:
> Hi,
>
> When I check the repos in my browser I get a 404, are they empty or is
> there some particular reason?

Could you check again now? Can you reach
http://mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn? It's the homepage of our mirror
site, with lots of Chinese glyphs which will most likely be rendered
as boxes ;)

And, please provide the result of

dig mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn

(Replace dig with nslookup if you don't have dig.)

BTW, someone in our team informed me that I should have checked the
wiki page [1] before applying for inclusion in mirrorlist. I'll work
on that before sending in another appliance.

>>(FYI, the site might be quite slow for you guys.)
> Of course, but they seem to load quite fast here from Denmark.

A little surprising to me, but good news after all.

1. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:NewMirrors#For_the_mirror_administrator

--
Regards,
Cheer Xiao aka. xiaq