[arch-mirrors] UK2 Arch mirror hardware upgrade complete and IP change

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 13:31:45 EDT 2012

Hi all,

For any of you who'd decided to stop syncing from the UK2 Arch mirror
(mirrors.uk2.net), the new high-spec server is now in action, and
mirrors.uk2.net has been changed to resolve to the IP of the new box -
83.170.94.3.

The problem with the previous server was primarily that its discs
couldn't keep up with the demand, so it was spending a lot of time in
IO wait.

It has been replaced by a box with SAS drives in RAID10, 24GB of RAM
for plentiful caching, and dual quad-core Xeons - so should be far more
capable of handling the load.

Therefore, those of you desiring to sync from a UK mirror but who were
put off by previous problems, firstly please accept my apologies, and
secondly, you should find things *much* better now.

If you happen to see any issues, of course, please do let me know, but
all appears to be working well.

Cheers

Dave P

--