[arch-mirrors] UK2-hosted UK Arch mirror - server upgrade soon

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Tue May 15 10:02:55 EDT 2012

Further to the previous thread with regards to slow performance of the
UK Arch mirror hosted by UK2, new hardware is being prepared now, and
I plan to get it into use as soon as possible, within the next day or
two.

The current box is struggling to keep up IO-wise, so it is being
replaced by a far faster box with SAS drives in RAID10 and plenty of
RAM for caching.

For avoidance of doubt, I'm talking about our UK tier-1 mirror:
http://archlinux.mirrors.uk2.net/
ftp://mirrors.uk2.net/pub/archlinux/
rsync://mirrors.uk2.net/archlinux