[arch-mirrors] New Tier 1 Mirror

Andrew Holland Andrew.holland at academica.fi
Mon May 21 03:08:46 EDT 2012

I'm going to stick with David's mirror (the UK2 mirror service) for now, as it appears that it is working for rsync again (i.e. no timeouts, etc.)

I do have a question about the ftp testing, as it appears several of our mirrors (ovh, myself, a few others) have 'timeouts' from the test machine.  (I'm checking the english status list this time, not the german list. They have very different output.)  Is the ftp test run from the same machine as the http and rsync test?  It seems odd that the ftp server, which is reporting no issues and responding very quickly to my tests, would choose to not respond specifically during testing.