[arch-mirrors] multiple new Tier 1 mirrors

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Jul 5 11:11:52 EDT 2013

Am 05.07.2013 17:04, schrieb Carl Thompson:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to setup 4 new mirrors now and 2 more in the very new
> future (within 2 months).
>
> There will be 3 in the US, 1 in London, 1 in Hong Kong, and 1 in Sydney.

Sounds great! How is you plan to sync those? Would you sync one of your
server from one of our tier 1 mirrors and then sync the others from
there?

> However your wiki states you are not accepting new ftp mirrors.  All
> of our mirrors are configured for http, ftp, and rsync.
>
> Will our servers being configured for ftp exclude us from the
> possibility of being an official mirror?

That's not a problem as you also provide http. We just no longer
advertise the use of ftp as it has all kinds of disadvantages. This
would then only exclude mirrors that only offer ftp. So you should be
fine.

Greetings,

Pierre