[arch-mirrors] Web seed torrent traffic leaking to HTTP

goll at kset.org goll at kset.org
Sun May 11 06:06:40 EDT 2014

Greetings,

Yesterday while looking at my logs I noticed a large amount of
requests hitting my HTTP mirror that are web seed bittorrent
traffic which my server has to process and send out a HTTP error 400 bad
request.

You can see an access.log snippet in this paste:

http://bpaste.net/show/sz9PbalP5Sge1bt4CKo9/

I can't do anything at the nginx level since he'll always respond with
a HTTP 400 before any configuration rules get applied.

Does anyone else notice this, and does anyone have any suggestions on
how to best mitigate this as I would rather not have thousands of large
invalid requests daily hitting and starving my HTTP server connections.

Best regards