[arch-mirrors] ftp.acc.umu.se now HTTPS enabled

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sun Dec 11 12:02:00 UTC 2016

On 11.12.2016 11:07, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:
> We do however recommend using HTTP and signatures rather than relying
> on HTTPS for file integrity.

We always use signatures if available. HTTPS is just a bonus for privacy.

> While the CPU load of HTTPS on clients is negligable, the server CPU
> load becomes quite a task for organizations like ACC that are running
> on 5+ years old donated hardware. Especially when combined with the
> goal of being able to push multiple tens of gigabits...

I'm not sure how to understand that. I can't control how our users
connect to your server if I list both URLs. I'd expect them to switch to
HTTPS, but if you feel like you can't handle the load, it's probably
better if I don't list it.

What do you want me to do?

Florian