[arch-mirrors] New mirror

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Mon May 22 11:51:48 UTC 2017

Hi Gergely

On 22.05.2017 12:57, Csépányi-B. Gergely wrote:
> So, like, first step is to rsync an existing mirror, then make it
> available thru ftp/http/etc protocols, then submit a ticket to get
> new mirror listed.
That is exactly what you need to do. As for the mirror you will sync
from, please select one of the tier 1 mirrors from this site[1]. It
doesn't matter which one you pick, but I suggest to choose one that is
somewhat close to you so you get good performance.

Then either just use rsync to sync everything from that mirror or if you
want something more fancy use a script like this [2].

All of that information is already on the wiki page so I'm not sure if
this somewhat differently worded version is of use to you. If not,
please clarify where exactly you are having issues.

PS: When replying to mailing lists, please write your reply below the
quoted text and only quote the parts that are necessary to understand
the reply, not the whole message. For more information about this refer
to [3].

HTH,
Florian

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/