[arch-mirrors] IPv6 change for mirrors.nxthost.com

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Fri Oct 12 09:48:46 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 12:06:22PM +0300, mirrors--- via arch-mirrors <arch-mirrors at archlinux.org> wrote:
> So there is nothing to do about the errors shown in the log here
> https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/nxthost.com/ ? I see the tests are still
> trying to connect to ::2.

These checks simply try to connect to the URL using DNS just like any
other client. If you click on the "Details" link to the right, you can
see that the last time this error message occurred was around 30 hours
ago. I'm guessing that it may have taken some time for the DNS updates
to propagate. Right now, the checks are passing fine, with the exception
of HTTP(S) via IPv6 which seems to have issues. A manual check with curl
gives me this:

> connect to 2a02:13f0:8200::4 port 80 failed: Connection refused

If you can, please check what's wrong there.

Florian