[arch-mirrors] New Hacking & Coffee Facility, new Mirror

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sat Oct 20 07:37:58 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 06:13:46AM -0500, Tails Hon1nbo <hon1nbo+mirror at hackingand.coffee> wrote:
> Additionally it looks like some checks are not grabbing the correct host.
> It always happens with the Germany check coming from
> 88.198.91.70. I can't find a supporting log, but one of the errors besides
> the 503 indicates it checked the wrong system (an old IP possibly from a
> DNS server that didn't dump cache properly).

The problem seems to be gone now so it probably was DNS, yeah.

I just looked on the Germany checker and the only IP I get is this:

mirror.dc02.hackingand.coffee has address 76.8.18.7

> I'd like to confirm that  the check from that IP all coming from the same
> system before I start to dig deeper, as right now that is still the the
> only system reporting a problem and it seems to happen inconsistently for a
> single host.

Each of our check hosts is a single machine. We may have multiple in the
same country and you can use the "check IP" to differentiate those.
However, right now we only have a single check machine per country.

Florian