[arch-mirrors] lug.mtu.edu not updating properly

Joshua Hoffer hoffer.joshua at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 20:44:12 UTC 2019

I run a local mirror for a university off of the lug.mtu.edu tier 1 mirror
and noticed that it's multilib database hasn't been updated since
2019/03/31. There seems to be other issues as well.

You can see the issue here:
http://mirrors.lug.mtu.edu/archlinux/multilib/os/x86_64/
compared to a working mirror:
https://mirrors.rit.edu/archlinux/multilib/os/x86_64/

The mirror seems to be downloading new packages but it is also keeping old
packages (or possibly just broken symlinks?) and not updating their
database files. I'm not sure what is wrong exactly, if their rsync config
was changed, etc but it seems currently the mirror is broken/out-of-sync.

I've sent an email to the mirror operator directly but I wanted to also
inform the mailing list in case any tier 2 mirrors are using this mirror.

- Josh Hoffer