[arch-mirrors] Fwd: Russian Sanctions

Tails Hon1nbo hon1nbo+mirror at hackingand.coffee
Mon Feb 28 22:51:01 UTC 2022

(n.b. I'd already replied with my clarifications in a divergence of this
thread)

The point of this was for those who provide a mirror, but may have
obligations in their host country due to sanction type events, if there was
any experience or precedent of how to handle the situation for those who
had not dealt with it before. Our mirror is provided on the excess capacity
of a business, and as such that business has to comply with sanctions where
applicable. I do not feel it's right to assume anyones' motives, discuss
politics, or similar.

I'd already been advised since I started this in-house that, given the lack
of precedent I could find for this particular case and it doesn't generate
revenue showing it's related to commerce, that we could accept the risk to
leave it on so I re-enabled ours over the weekend.

Unless someone can point to any time their business supporting FOSS
projects has been subject to this for the rest of us to navigate, I don't
think this discussion will be fruitful going forward outside what's already
been shared.

I apologise for bringing this up, as apparently I may have opened a can of
worms on an otherwise quiet mailing list.