[arch-multilib] Bug with lib32-zlib PKGBUILD

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 03:38:31 EDT 2010

Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please reference this forum thread -
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=816770
> And this submitted bug report - http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20647
>
> Basically, the PKGBUILD for lib32-zlib has CFLAGS=${CFLAGS/-O2/-O3},
> which is meant to remove optimization flags. What it does though is
> remove the -O2 flag and add an -O3 flag, causing the segfaults I ran
> across.

Does it work when you build OpenSong from source ? lib32-gzip
seems to pass all tests, it might be some sort of binary
incompatibility ? It has no problems running in Valgrind.

By the way, could we have in [multilib] the attached valgrind-x86 package
or some modification of it ? The default valgrind only support x86_64, I'm
not sure whether it's enough to just ship the missing files like I do
(a split valgrind package would probably be best).

--
Rémy.