[arch-multilib] Bug with lib32-zlib PKGBUILD

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 08:47:35 EDT 2010

Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm just thinking there's a reason zlib is supposed to be compiled
> without optimizations (as shown in the current PKGBUILD), just that the
> line shown doesn't work as intended =)

I'd rather think that zlib, had a real benefit from being compiled with -O3,
and since it is widely used, maybe preformance was important. The thing is,
I don't think people have reported problems with zlib in regular packages,
so the most natural thing to do is ship a compatible zlib with OpenSong,
unless we prove there is a bug in gcc or zlib.