[arch-multilib] compiling errors

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Oct 18 06:01:55 EDT 2010

Am 18.10.2010 11:55, schrieb Harvey:
> As it did not work while I was on 64bit I compiled with the same
> PKGBUILD on a 32 bit system, just replacing gcc-multilib with gcc. I
> installed the resulting libqtcurve.so in my 64bit system and it works!
>
> There must be some problem with gcc-multilib I guess...

The problem is that our multilib packages are optimized with
-march=x86-64 while the i686 packages are optimized with -march=i686 -
the former enables stuff like -msse, and gcc seems to fuck up there. We
fixed such a problem in zlib already (by setting -fno-tree-vectorize
iirc) and there might be more. Just out of curiousity, can you change
CFLAGS to -march=i686 and see if it works? If it does, can you just
append -fno-tree-vectorite to CFLAGS and see if that helps, too?

In the end, we need to generate a test case for the gcc guys to fix this.