[arch-multilib] Native x86_64 flashplugin preview released

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Thu Sep 16 07:29:50 EDT 2010

Am Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:01:29 +0200
schrieb Florian Pritz <bluewind at server-speed.net>:

> On 16.09.2010 09:34, KESHAV P.R. wrote:
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=32072 . What will be the
> > status of lib32 flashplugin in multilib repo?
>
> For now we wait whether Adobe really maintains this one or drops it
> again with the next update of the 32bit version.

I wouldn't wait that long, because it can take ages until Adobe will
release the next Flash version. I would only wait until Adobe releases a
final "stable" release of this native 64 bit version.

After that I would keep flashplugin in [multilib] but rename it to
lib32-flashplugin or bin32-flashplugin and put the native 64 bit
version as flashplugin into [extra] again.

The [multilib] version should, of course be kept at least until it is
sure that Adobe really maintains this 64 bit version. I bet it would be
better to never remove this [multilib] version.

Heiko