[arch-multilib] Addition of jack2-multilib and multilib push perms

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Dec 7 04:13:44 EST 2011

Am 07.12.2011 06:13, schrieb Ray Rashif:
> On 7 December 2011 05:46, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Why are you doing it then? Are there any requests for this? Forum posts?
>
> There has been a couple of requests for this on IRC, but aside from
> that, first and foremost, I've noticed that users of jack2 will have a
> problem in a situation like the following:
>
> wine > lib32-alsa-plugins > lib32-jack
>
> Here users of jack2 cannot continue to use jack2, as it has no
> provision for or equivalent to lib32-jack. This example is weak now,
> but previously when I decided to write jack2-multilib it was like
> this:
>
> wine > lib32-jack
>
> So I'm sort of late in proposing this package.

I still don't understand why you can't just build a lib32 package that
doesn't conflict with the usual jack/jack2 package. Also, there is no
provides on jack2, why?

But the most important thing: There is no makedepend on gcc-multilib or
any other of the multilib build tools. How could this build a 32 bit binary?