[arch-multilib] multilib-devel and makedepends

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Thu Jun 9 19:27:35 EDT 2011

On 10.06.2011 00:26, rafael ff1 wrote:
> 2011/6/8 rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com>:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I always used "gcc-multilib" as makedepends for lib32 packages I
>> maintain in order to avoid users that hadn't set [multilib] repo, but
>> than I was wondering about this "multilib-devel" group. Considering
>> that "base-devel" group is assumed to be installed, lib32 packages
>> should have "multilib-devel" (or one specific package, like
>> gcc-multilib) group requested or just assumed as well (no
>> multilib-devel package mentioned in makedepends)?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -- Rafael
>>
> Is there anyone reading this mail list?
Yes, but perhaps no one here knows an answer. After all, I don't think
we have decided that multilib-devel is assumed so we also use
gcc-multilib in makedepends. This could be a good way to start a
discussion about this very thing, though.

Assuming multilib-devel seems consistent with assuming base-devel to me.

-- Sven-Hendrik