[arch-ports] Welcome to the arch-ports list

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Wed Aug 3 21:33:33 EDT 2005

I'm pretty sure there are only 3 of us here (maybe Judd too...), but I
figured I'd just set the tone.

This list is where all "official" port-related discussion will happen.
It's not a secret list, anyone will be able to join and offer
help/listen/ideas.

I'll always be here as a conduit to the developers, to offer guidance, and
to get that damned pacbuild done (actually, things are progressing well...
just slowly).

I wouldn't mind getting port status from you guys.  Currently I know that
Alex is managing the ppc port and symajala is managing the amd64 and i586
ports.  Where are you guys at, what are your methods, what would you like
to improve, how do you feel about your progress?

In an email following shortly, I'll tell you my ideas for multiple arch
support in pacman and our official package management process.

Jason

--
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand,
things are just as they are.