[arch-ports] troubles

Drew Cousino acousino at math.ksu.edu
Thu Dec 22 21:28:40 EST 2005

I have two problems: one with the nvidia package and the other with pacman.

Nvidia problem:  I cannot install the nvidia package.  I always run into
the error that the installer cannot find /usr/lib/libGL.so.1, and yet it
exists in my filesystem.

Pacman problem:  Whenever I run pacman -Syu, it asks me to update libpcap
to version 0.8.3-1.  However, pacman -Q libpcap says that I already have
that version installed.

Also I have found the following packages install with unaltered abs
PKGBUILDs:
acroread 7.0.1-1
apcupsd 3.10.18-1
aspell-en 6.0-1
lesstif 0.94.4-3
libdvdcss 1.2.9-2
libwmf 0.2.8.4-1
vorbis-tools 1.1.1-1
xine-ui 0.99.4-1
xmms-skins 0.3-1

I should note that xpdf requires lesstif, but lesstif isn't in the 64 bit
repo.

Drew