[arch-ports] [Arch64] Slow 32 bit apps And xf86-video-unichrome

Strat pouletfou at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 20:26:19 EDT 2006

Hy all

I have switched from Arch to Arch64 about a week ago and (almost)
everything is going fine.

For openoffice and firefox with flash, I use the chroot trick to load
the 32 bits version. However and especially for openoffice, the
startup is significantly slower than on the 32 bit system. So I was
wondering if some of you had tricks to fasten responsiveness of
openoffice until they release a working 64 bit port.

I use the following command :

[strat at machinastratus]$ chroot /mnt/arch32 su strat -c
/opt/openoffice/program/soffice.bin

and, of course, /proc is binded to /mnt/arch32/dev as for dev and home.

Secondly, I wonder if anyone uses the xf86-video-unichrome on a KM800
board since I can't get a working Xorg with it and I must stick with
xf86-video-via.

Anyway, these are not major issues, but I thank all responses in advances.

--
Strat