[arch-ports] [Arch64] Slow 32 bit apps And xf86-video-unichrome

Sergey Manucharyan sm at netsys.am
Mon Apr 3 23:55:17 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I didn't try to run 32 bit application through chroot, but I had
a similar issues with 64 applications as well a few months ago, I told
about it but never got a response. Before trying to move to Arch64 I
tried to play with a couple of 64 bit OSs (Ubuntu, Gentoo) doing video
encoding with XVID. It was 1.5 times slower, than in Arch32!  I believe
that the code wich use a lot of mathematical calculations should be
rewritten as AMD people suggest - using their mathematical libraries.
Just the recompiling the source for 64 bit system doesn't work.

Sergey