[arch-ports] [x86_64] wanted: PCs for our pacbuild build farm

Wed Jul 12 15:28:32 EDT 2006

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Andreas Radke wrote:

> Am Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:07:44 -0400
> schrieb "Robert Howard" <howard.rob at gmail.com>:
>
> > What about kernels? I'm running Arch64, but I've built a custom
> > kernel. This would seem to be an issue if compiling kernel modules?
>
> building packages running a custom kernel shouldn't make the package
> different. should be ok.

That is not true for kernel modules. If the farm contains machines running
the stock vanilla and beyond kernels, then it might be possible for the
build script to chose these machines to compile the packages containing
modules. If that is too difficult to implement, these packages could be
compiled the "old-fashion" way by a person who has a 64bit machine, i.e.
not using the build farm.

Snowman