[arch-ports] [x86_64] wanted: PCs for our pacbuild build farm

Robert Howard howard.rob at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 10:04:19 EDT 2006

Were you both using identical hardware? CPUs? Compiler flags? This may seem
like an obvious line of questioning, but I've found that it always isn't.

Anyway, assuming that pacbuid is using a chroot for all the builds, it
should work independently of the currently running kernel and for that
matter, the currently running system. That said, what if a makefile tries to
use the current kernel version (uname -r) for something? Does pacbuild have
facilities for dealing with this sort of problem?