[arch-ports] [ArchPPC] Help regarding the install procedure

James Turner james at nullstudios.com
Thu Jun 15 20:59:58 EDT 2006

Hi, I'm a new archlinux user and new to this mailing list, so please
take it easy on me.  I am having a hell of a time getting archlinux
installed on my 12in PowerBook 1.33 GHz.  I have followed the steps
under "Installation on newworld machines" numerous times with various
success.  Most recently quickinst seems to stale for no reason while
downloading packages.  The one time I managed to get archlinux
completely installed the kernel would not boot.  If anyone has more
up to date instructions or any ideas why the quickinst script might
be stalling please help.  Once I get the base system installed I can
always compile my own kernel.  I appreciate any help anyone might be
able to offer.