[arch-ports] Arch64 - call for a website maintainer

Dusty Phillips buchuki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 11:29:46 EST 2006

On 3/2/06, Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have follow the discussion since it has began. I have a suggestion, I
> would copy the whole design of archlinux.org, if Judd give me a tarball of
> the exisiting webpage.

I don't think its a good idea. Have you looked at the sources for the
existing page?  Its got crazy spans, tables, hard to read, I don't
know how Judd manages to maintain it. :-D I think its actually time
for the main archlinux.org site to be rewritten in nice clean XHTML
1.0 and CSS... now we're talking a whole new level, but perhaps its
time to think about organizing a new al.org web design that
incorporates arch64 (and possibly other ports) into the new main site.
Would be cool if somebody with a whole pile of time on their hands and
l33t web dev skills could integrate the forum, wiki, art.archlinux,
documentation, planet, dev blog, ports, and main site into one
super-charged new ArchLinux portal.

Whole pile of time on their hands..... good luck. :(

Dusty

Dusty