[arch-ports] PKGBUILD and package release thoughts

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Sat Mar 11 03:04:39 EST 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 10:13:59AM +0530, ganja.guru wrote:
> I think Xentac's suggestion is simple enough..but do we really need to
> have the original "pkgrel" variable when we have the new pkgrel_i686 and
> pkgrel_amd64? What purpose does the original "pkgrel" variable serve
> when the final package release number does not depend on it?
>
> ganja_guru

If an arch isn't listed, it'll use the pkgrel.  Only if a change doesn't
affect something does it get its own pkgrel variable.

It also helps to have a global pkgrel that everything stays in sync with.

Jason

--
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand,
things are just as they are.