[arch-ports] PKGBUILD and package release thoughts

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Sat Mar 11 03:42:37 EST 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 08:36:23AM +0100, Andreas Radke wrote:
> Jason Chu schrieb:
> > Alright, here's some discussion about PKGBUILDs and multiple architecture
> > support.
> What about having different sources?
>
> For the kernels I can imagine a config_x86/config_ppc/config_x86_64
> file. But there are packages with huge arch specific  sources like j2re,
> jsdk, nvidia and some others.
>
> Can this be done by the bash [ ] or how else?
>
> And how will makepkg decide what sources to download and md5sum are the
> correct checksums? Maybe we need source_x64_64 and md5sums_x86_64?
>
> AndyRTR

If there is that large of a discrepency (like j2re, from what I
understand), it will be a whole different package: j2re-amd64.

If there are just patches and things like that it will look something like
this:
source=('sources' 'that' 'are' 'common')
[ "$CARCH" = "amd64" ] && source=(${source[@]} 'other' 'source')

Jason

--
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand,
things are just as they are.