[arch-ports] What's needed for an official port

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Sun Mar 26 14:42:13 EST 2006

Jason Chu schrieb:
> A few things need to happen on the port side as well:
> - a good number of packages that can be easily integrated into the official
> PKGBUILDs (which means changes are marked).  I'd even go so far as to say
> that most packages have to be rebuilt against the merged PKGBUILDs.
> - a working install cd
> - pacbuild nodes***

I think we - the arch64 devs- have done what we could do. Our CD is
working and almost in a final state.

We're still waiting for results on the arch32 devs site. My arch64 devs
are bored making updates knowing that a day will come all packages have
to be rebuild. A few have already left the project :(

I've done a few packages using the tags needed for merging "if [
$CARCH..." - no problem with that so far. But as we know we will have to
rebuild every pkg this work is now just a waste of time.

What's is the state with makepkg and cvs? Any concrete time schedule?

AndyRTR