[arch-ports] [archlinux ppc] Scripts

Marco Pensallorto n4rc0s at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 10:58:03 EST 2006

2006/11/7, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de>:

> Am Dienstag, 7. November 2006 16:20 schrieb Alexander Baldeck:
> > It's simply not implemented, cvsup doesn't work on non-x86 because of

[CUT]

But abs can run with csup instead of cvsup. This works for x86_64; so
> chances
> are that it might work for ppc, too.

In fact it does. A simple symlink has solved  the problem. I use abs from
the x86  archlinux and already had
a lot of packages compile smoothly out-of-the-box from the x86 abs tree (i.e.
the _entire_ gnome tree plus any conceivable extras :) Others compile and
work with minor modifications of PKGBUILD. That is why I don't really see
the reason to diverge significantly from the i686 distro.

Hope to get a working binary repo of all these packages in the next few
days.

About the fam script, please take a closer look at it and you'll easily
realize that is plainly wrong. And that package is in current, so I guess
nobody noticed the error. I'm pretty sure the i686 version never had that
bug :)

Still don't have any clue about the kernel issue. I was forced to include
static xfs support in order to have root mounted properly and boot the
system. I did the mkinitcpio myself at least five times and I'm pretty sure
xfs support was included but still... kernel panic'ed. That could be a minor
issue but I'd like to get it work just right :)

bye,

  N4