[arch-ports] Solution for 32bit/multilib-problem

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Oct 11 18:30:12 EDT 2006

Hi,

it`s me again. ;-) I just uploaded an updated collection of my packages. If
you used the repository before its better to uninstall (pacman -Rlib32),
remove pkgs from cache (rm /var/cache/pacman/pkg/lib32*) and reinstall.

I added the nvidia-beta-driver and the correspondig lib32-package. (see:
http://www.archlinux.de/~pierre/packages/x86_64)

For those who understand German I set up a short wiki-article:
http://wiki.archlinux.de/?title=32Bit-Programme_unter_Arch64

If you are using opengl-apps you have to install the right library at first
(lib32-nvidia-utils, lib32-nvidia-beta-utils, lib32-ati-fglrx-utils or
lib32-libgl-dri)

Games should work with the following additional packages: lib32-openal,
lib32-alsa-lib, lib32-libstdc++5

For qt-apps just install lib32-qt.

Note: If you want to run GoogleEarth you have to install lib32-qt AND a
propper OpenGL-package (see above)

Pierre

--
http://www.archlinux.de