[arch-ports] arch64: massive rebuilds coming

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Fri Feb 2 12:30:32 EST 2007

we have fixed the bad linker issues that were made in early arch64
days. we are preparing to drop /lib64/ld* completly.

now we have the fixed gcc package we need to rebuild all packages that
are linked to /lib64/ld* - several houndreds to do. this will take
some time. when we have finished we will update the glibc package and
remove /lib64/ld*.

all arch64 user running selfcompiled software please check using ldd if
it is linked to the correct linker. if not rebuild it using latest gcc
upadte.

right:  ldd /bin/bash
        /lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00002b269cd85000)
wrong:  ldd /bin/bash
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00002b269cd85000)

TUs: check community x64_64 packages and fix if needed!

devs: take care that we need to overwrite some cvs entries of the
packages already bumped further (those from testing).

AndyRTR