[arch-ports] SuperH port

Alexander Baldeck kth5 at archlinuxppc.org
Tue Jan 16 18:45:22 EST 2007

Oleg Finkelshteyn wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a HP Jornada 680 user.
> This is a sh3-based handheld running linux from the jlime project
> (http://jlime.com).
> All the development and packaging is currenly done using OpenEmbedded,
> but I'm not satisfied with the process of crosscompiling something
> using it.
> So, I came up to an idea to port Arch to this handheld, as I have
> working kernel it shouldn't be a hard task. Then I need a
> cross-development environment to compile some stuff.
> How should I do it? Was there any work done on making an Arch-based
> crossbuild environment?
>
> Thanks.

You may have some luck with the pkgbuilds of these toolchains [1] using
distcc on your handheld. In case you don't have a sufficiently big
storage device built in, I recommend to run NFS over usb-net. I have
been working on SH4 (dreamcast) for a while but with no bog results.
Simply using the debian disc available doing the above mentioned thing
using the broadband adaptor.

If you simply want to build a working system, I'd recommend buildroot [2].

Cheers,

-T

[1] http://kth5.telekommunisten.net/crosstools
[2] http://buildroot.uclibc.org